Wednesday, January 12, 2011

China

Hi hi! It's been a while since I posted on this blog - mainly because I've been busy at school and I'm running my own personal blog about the experience in China. You can click on it on the side.

In a nutshell, what is China like? Or most specifically, what is Tsinghua like?

Tsinghua is fairly interesting. The workload isn't as intense as it could be - just passing is the main concern, not passing with flying colors. It's hard to get a summer internship/work without being able to speak Chinese fluently. It's cheap to be in China if you want to live with the basics, but the moment you start to party, you run a very good chance of blowing your budget.

Do I regret coming here? A bit, I think other schools like LBS would have given me a better opportunity to break into consulting or a branded name. However, having said that, I really do enjoy China a lot - learning Chinese is probably the main thing you should do here, and while it's hard, it's been a fun experience. Possibly because I have a very good Chinese tutor, and my classmates are pretty fun.

What's the student quality like? Well, the internationals are so-so, the locals seem to be very well connected and experienced and intelligent. Yes, we have our fair share of douche bags, but then again, which school doesn't have any?

So, if you want a good excuse to spend 2 years learning Chinese and getting to know people who are interested and/or have a business in China, Tsinghua is a pretty good place to come to.

P/s. Since I'm accepted, I'm probably reposting all the posts that I took off for censorship.

No comments: